Our Martinez Refinery is located in Martinez, Calif., on 2,200 acres and has a crude oil capacity of 166,000 barrels per day (bpd).
Using crude oils from California and other domestic and foreign sources, the refinery produces motor fuels, including cleaner-burning California Air Resources Board (CARB) gasoline and CARB diesel fuel, as well as conventional gasoline and diesel fuel. The refinery also produces heavy fuel oils, liquefied petroleum gas and petroleum coke.
The Martinez Refinery receives crude oil by tanker through the San Francisco Bay at the Andeavor Logistics LP Martinez marine terminal, a third-party terminal in Martinez and third-party pipeline systems.
- Promotes recycling at the refinery.
- Steward of natural habitats including the 760-acre Point Edith Wildlife Area.
- Works with state and federal agencies to protect surrounding habitat.
Health and Safety
- Focus on process safety integration.
- Lowered OSHA recordable rates through joint union/management committee emphasis on continual improvement.
- Provided $1M in charitable giving to non-profit organizations in Northern California in 2016.
- Provided a $150,000 grant to Mount Diablo Unified School District to provide STEM education opportunities to middle school students, high school students and their parents through summer and afterschool programs.
- Provided a three-year, $90,000 grant to sustain the City of Martinez’s Homeless Outreach Initiative.
In 2017, we were honored by the San Francisco Business Times when it ranked us as the No. 36 most philanthropic company in the Bay Area. The rankings were based on dollars granted in 2016 to Bay Area charities. For Andeavor, that number was $1.21 million and included both grants to organizations as well as donations that matched employee giving.
Find stories and information in the latest Martinez Community Newsletter: