Our Mandan Refinery began operations in 1954, and today has a capacity of 74,000 barrels per day (bpd). It processes primarily sweet (low sulfur) domestic crude oil from North Dakota.
The facility manufactures gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, heavy fuel oils and liquefied petroleum gas. Refined products are trucked and railed from Mandan, and also shipped east via pipeline to supply the Jamestown area, eastern North Dakota and Minnesota.
- Dedicated 640 acres as natural wildlife habitat.
- Planted 11,000 trees with Boy and Girl Scouts in past 25 years for Arbor Day.
Health and Safety
- Achieved one of the best OSHA Recordable Rate safety performances as a site in 2014.
- In 2015, the refinery logged 3.8 million hours without Days Away From Work (DAFW) injury.
- Donated $800,000 in charitable giving to non-profit organizations in the Northern Great Plains in 2016.
- Awarded a three-year, $750,000 grant to Bismarck State College to develop a virtual process technology training program.
- Completed a two-year, $250,000 grant to the North Dakota Safety Council to develop a state-of-the-art training center.
- Supports Child’s Hope Learning Center, which provides daycare for special needs children in the Bismarck and Mandan, N.D. areas.